The Flight Ban - Kerry Came With A StickIt seems I might have been a little naive. The timing of Kerry's visit and the FAA ban does seem a little too convenient/suspicious. Otherwise what was the entire purpose of his little visit? From his point of view, without a subtle/not-so-subtle threat he didn't have anything new to bring to the region to 'persuade' Israel.
It is not as if he and Obama haven't tried something like this before.
- Is the FAA the new IRS?
- President 'Lead from Behind' leads from the front for Hamas
- U.S. banning flights to press Israel into cease-fire?
- Finally, Obama leads from the front: The Hamas-FAA move against Ben Gurion
- Israel, the FAA, and International Isolation
- Obama to the rescue – of Hamas
Even if the FAA ban proves to be only temporary, it does appear from this to be the start of something new.